Elizabeth House is the first major commercial development in Waterloo, and Lambeth’s biggest office investment in 40 years. It will directly deliver:
- up to 8,500 jobs on the site – currently there are only 2,400 people employed here
- around 460 additional jobs during the construction phase
- an additional £11.8m spent in the local area each year – boosting the local economy and supporting a further 650 jobs within the local community
- new shops and cafe to serve the local community and office workers, but limited to avoid undermining the Lower Marsh commercial area
- 142 new homes – a range of one to four-bedroom apartments, bringing new residents to the area in a highly sustainable location
- a package of employment and training support measures to ensure local businesses and workers benefit from the new opportunities.
The development will also help signal a change in perceptions of Waterloo, support further investment in the area and significantly improve the redevelopment potential of the surrounding area.